When the clock strikes midnight and we ring in 2018, many of us will make New Year resolutions. Here are a few that can help you to be healthier and happier:
1. Have an attitude of gratitude. Don’t be so hard on yourself, or make unreasonable goals. At the start and close of your day, think of the positive, good aspects of your life. Each week try to do something to help others.
2. Start exercising and being more active. Walk, stand and move more. Spend time OUTSIDE for a boost of Vitamin D and improved mood. Activity can help you stay in shape and fight off depression that affects 40 million adults in the U.S.
3. Start doing yoga. It helps posture, flexibility, mental agility, focus, and your immune system. Even a short session upon wakening and before sleep can be beneficial.
4. Stop and do one minute focused breathing breaks three times through the day. If you have an Apple Watch it will remind you to breathe slowly and relax for a minute. This will calm your nerves, and help your blood pressure and heart rate to stay in the normal range.
5. Eat a Mediterranean-style, balanced diet rich in fruit, veggies, wild fish, and whole grains. Don’t overeat. Skip high calorie desserts, excess alcohol and sodas, so you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
6. Get 6-8 hours of sleep. Your brain will be sharper. Your immune system will be stronger and you will feel happier and more content.
7. Take your MDR Fitness Tabs each day to make sure you are getting key nutrients proven essential to convert food to energy, promote healthy brain function and overall wellness.